Curried Chicken with Plums and Ginger
A recipe from my mother's family cookbook. (may have originally come from a 1990's era issue of Cooking Light)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns, cracked
- 6 skinned, boned chicken thighs, each cut into 3 pieces
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced green (1-inch) onions
- 6 red plums, quartered (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, divided
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag, and add chicken. Seal and shake to coat. Remove the chicken from bag, shaking off excess flour. 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add onion to pan, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add onions to chicken, and keep warm.
- Add plums and 1/4 cup wine to pan scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 4 minutes or until plums are browned.
- Add 1/2 cup wine and ginger to pan; bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken mixture to pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 1 hour.