Fiery Chicken Saté
- 1½ tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup Panang curry paste
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons ground coriander
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 24 ½-inch wide and 4-inch long strips
- 24 (12-inch) wooden or bamboo skewers, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
1. In a large non-reactive bowl, whisk together the sugar, curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and coriander. Add the chicken and toss until well coated. Transfer the mixture to a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 12.
Preheat the broiler or grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread each strip onto a skewer. Grill or broil the skewers, turning once, until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.