Dipping Sauces for Saté
Lemon-Chile Green Sauce
- 4 small green bird chilies
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup lemon juice
In a blender, combine all the ingredients and process until smooth. Yield: About ½ cup.
- ½ cup shelled unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. In a food processor, pulse the peanuts until coarsely ground
2. In a medium sauce pan, over low heat, heat the oil. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the peanuts, sugar and coconut milk. While whisking constantly, bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce and lime juice. Serve warm.
Yield: about 1â…“ cups.