- 1 large Eggplant
- 1 16 oz. can Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans) in water, drained
- 1 24 oz. jar Green Olives with Pimento, drained
- 1 Red Pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded (1/2 cup canned roasted red pepper strips is a good substitute)
- 1/4 bunch Parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 each Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1. Split eggplant in half, season with olive oil, salt & pepper and roast in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. When completely cool, remove pulp and discard the skin.
2. Take remaining ingredients, except the olive oil and black pepper - and make sure they have been well drained. Place all in a food processor in batches and pulse until well chopped. If you have a grinder attachment for your mixer this works well also.
3. Slowly drizzle olive oil into ground mixture while slowly stirring tapenade until the oil it totally incorporated.
4. Season to taste with fresh ground black pepper.
5. Serve with fresh baked ciabatta bread, focaccia or grilled garlic crostini