Duck Breast with Double-Cherry Sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 (5-ounce) boneless duck breast halves, skinned
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- ¼ cup black cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle duck with ¼ teaspoon salt. Add duck to pan; cook 3½ minutes on each side or until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm by tenting with foil.
2. Add shallots to pan, and sauté 1 minute. Add ¼ teaspoon salt, preserves, brandy, and cherries, and cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick.
Yield 4 servings.