Ginger Cilantro Pesto
I came up with this recipe in Santa Cruz, California and have been making it for years. It is wonderful with pastas, seafood and spicy dishes. Use this pesto to add a Southwestern feel to pasta dishes, salads, seafoods or chicken.
- 2 1/2 cups cilantro (firmly packed), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and minced
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (cashews work well too)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons clover honey
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Combine garlic, ginger, pine nuts, cheese and olive oil in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add cilantro bit by bit until combined and evenly blended. Adding more olive oil as nessesary to combine cilantro.
- When all are combined add honey, cream, and salt.
RecipesPastes, Marinades & Wet Spice MixesGinger Cilantro Pesto