Rogue's Lobster & Green Chile Mac & Cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1¾ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground blackpepper
- 1¼ cups Tillamook Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1¼ cups Tillamook Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups Parmigiano-Reggiano, shredded
- ½ cup gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound packaged dry Galletti pasta (or your favorate shape)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound lobster meat, picked over and chopped
- 1 lb Roasted Green Chiles
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions, green tops only
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon each paprika, dried basil and dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over low heat. Add flour and stir to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and, with a wire whisk, gradually add the half and half. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring often. Remove from the heat, and add ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, ½ cup gruyère, garlic, 3⁄4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and well combined. Cover and let stand.
2. Fill a large pan with water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Add pasta, return to a boil, reduce the heat to a low boil and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until just undercooked. Drain water from pasta and return to the pan. Add the béchamel sauce and 2 tablespoons butter; stir until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the Tillamook Sharp Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, and 1 cup of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
4. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place one half of the pasta in the baking dish. Top with half of the mixed cheeses and the green chiles. Top with the other half of the pasta, then followed by the remaining mixed cheeses. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the visibly bubbling and hot.
5. While pasta is baking, combine 1½ tablespoons butter and lobster meat in a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, or until lobster is heated through. Remove from heat; add bread crumbs, green onions, paprika, basil and thyme, and 1 ounce of Parmigiano-Reggiano. Toss lightly to combine.
6. Remove the baking dish from the oven and spoon the lobster mixture over the top of the pasta. Spread evenly.
Turn the oven to “Broil” and return the baking dish to the oven. Broil 10-12 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.