- 1 package black beans
- ¼ pound bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 - 4 cloves garlic, chopped (you can use more if you love garlic)
- About â…“ cup brown sugar (adjust to taste)
- About ½ cup white vinegar (adjust to taste)
- Several shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large-sized can stewed tomatoes
1. Prepare and cook beans according to package instructions (if you’re in a hurry, you can use 2 regular size cans of black beans).
2. Slice bacon into bite-sized pieces and fry until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In about 2 tablespoon of the bacon fat, sauté onion, garlic and green pepper. When tender, stir in brown sugar, add vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and stewed tomatoes. Mix well. Taste and adjust sugar and vinegar according to your taste.
Add black beans and a little water if it is not liquid enough to make a good sauce. Add bacon, season with salt and pepper to taste, heat and serve.